Monday, December 12, 2011

reflections of aed 200

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?
My expectations were similar to how the class went.  There was a good amount of work each week which was hard to do meet certain due dates by with a full schedule, work, and playing a sport as a student athlete at school, but I was mostly able to handle it.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your intial posting?
Art can be expressed in so many different ways and can go down so many different routes.  You can be looking at art, be surrounded by it, or be creating it.  Art is still very hard to define, but I do have a better understanding for it in general.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now?
I do not remember who my favorite artist was at the beginning, but I would have to go with Vincent Van Gogh after seeing his work's at the Albright Knox Art Gallery and throughout are class.  
 If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
I just noticed that I enjoyed Van Gogh's works over the course of this class.

4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
I think that online classes can be successful only for certain subjects.  An example of a class that wouldn't work well online would be one where it would be necessary to meet with group members daily and come up with interactive presentations for a business class.  For our class though, I thought it worked well and you did a great job giving us the right tools and understanding to learn while getting our work done in order for you to grade and for others to respond to our work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment