Saturday, December 10, 2011

art critique blog questions

1. Which projects did you review?
The three projects that I reviewed were the one on Life and Death, the Perfect Day, and Man's Best Friend.  

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?

 I chose to go with the exhibit on Man's Best Friend because I found it the most interesting and it was organized nicely.  I had nothing against the other too, I just felt the Life and Death exhibit was too depressing and the Perfect Day just did not excite me as much as the one I chose.

3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?

I had to really think about the exhibit in detail as if I was actually at an exhibit viewing each work with the next.  I tried picturing it all in my head and this helped me imagine how it would all look on walls, etc.

4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?

It is nice to see what others have to say, because we can gain more knowledge and learn by helping one another.  Everyone has different ideas and opinions and as long as they are mostly positive, critiquing is a good tool. 

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?

Sure, I wouldn't take it too personally regardless if what they said was right or wrong because what is trash to one individual could look like treasure to another.  I'm sure I would get a few solid ideas I could use to better my exhibit.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?

I would give my finished article about an honest 8 because writing is definitely not one of my strong points.  I tried to be a good critic to the best of my abilities.

7. Did you enjoy working on this project?

Yes, it gave us a look from a different perspective.  Instead of creating the exhibit, we were critiquing an exhibit that already existed, which was nice to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment