Monday, October 31, 2011

dominant/non-dominant hand drawings & questions



1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
Using a body part of our own as the subject for this work felt a little strange.  You needed to hold still and pick up small details while trying to draw with another part of your body.  It was kind of neat doing so.
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I just happened to use pencil instead of charcoal.  Nothing against using charcoal, a pencil was just more easily available for me to use for this work.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand? 
It was a little bit harder to use my non-dominant hand(which is my right hand since I am left handed).  I am pretty ambidextrous when it comes too many other activities, but I still needed to focus a little more when using my non-dominant hand and it definitely did not feel as natural.
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think it was successful in the fact that they came out okay and it was nice to see the slight differences in both of the hands I drew, but my drawings aren't anything special.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
Most likely not, but you never know.  It would all depend on what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment